The American cancer society is the largest non-government funder of cancer research in the U.S.
We get results by investigating in various research efforts to help cancer causes determine how best to prevent it, and discover new ways to cure it. Our funding of ground-breaking cancer research has put us at the front of the scientific battle against the disease.
Every year over 200,000 American women are diagnosed with breast cancer . Studies continue to find lifestyle factors and habits that alter breast cancer risk . We are also learning more about how genes influence breast cancer. In the last 20 years , thanks in part to our ground breaking research ,breast cancer death rates have declined by 32%.
Students from this school will be making the news for real on 19 March 2015 as they take part in BBC News School Report. We aim to publish the news by 1600 GMT on the News Day, so please save this page as a favourite and return to it later. In the meantime, take a look at the reports we produced last year.
- Russian region of Mordovia offers to write off mortgages for families with four or more children.
- Finish man advertises a dead Siberian flying squirrel for sale on a supermarket bulletin board.
- Turkish minister orders investigation into whether popular computer game minecraft promotes aggression.
- Town square named Martyrs of Odessa partly honours pro-Russia separatists says mayor arts looks like a giant penis.
- Ten cities in Denmark will get permanent playgrounds exclusively for children to practice cycling
- Retail giant Alibaba says it is using quadcopter drones to deliver tea to hundreds of its customers in China as part of a test.
Such TV sets ‘listen’ to every conversation held in front of them and may share any details they hear with Samsung or other inside people
Privacy campaigners said the technology smacked of the telescreens, in George Orwell’s 1984, which spied on citizens.
But now Publicity about the issue led LG to create a software update which ensured data collection was turned off for those who did not want to share information with the company.
But with the update you have to get the password
So we recommend speaking to samsng so get the password so you won’t be heard
The Scottish nurse found to have Ebola after arriving in Glasgow from Sierra Leone has recovered after specialist care at the Royal Free Hospital in London and has been discharged.
She remains the only case confirmed in the U.K. and the risk to the general public is very low.
Her Ebola is very hard to get for the other members in the U.K. Studies have found that the only way people can catch Ebola in the U.K. can be transmitted only by direct contact with the blood or bodily fluids of an infected person.
The nurse, Pauline Cafferkey, had been working as a volunteer for Save the Children in Sierra Leone.
She left Sierra Leone on December 28 and took flights from Freetown to Casablanca and from Casablanca to London. She then transferred at Heathrow to a flight for Glasgow.The risk of infection on the flights was extremely low.